Here's a few things I've written and edited:
- Comrade Femme, book ms. in revision
- Feminism for men? (2023)
- Between ‘Mothers’ and ‘Females’, Blind Field (2023)
- Disappointed Utopia (2022)
- Shaba and the Fear of Patriarchy (2021)
- A Day Is a Struggle, coedited with Liz Mason-Deese (2021)
- Lauren Berlant and the nonbinary (2021)
- Androgyny is a nonbinary desire (2019)
- There Are No Clocks Here, Another Chicago Magazine (2018)
- Packing my library, or the impossibility of precarious feeling (2017)
(I've generally been pretty bad at publishing anything; publishing is exhausting.)
What's in a name?
I don't write under my birth name anymore. I started to feel exhausted by my grandfather's unpronounceable Norwegian last name, and the patriarchal burden it seemed to imply. I got the surname Rose from my partner instead. A little later on, I found a more femme middle name, Nova.
I haven't changed my name legally so far, though it would be nice to do that someday.
They say in software that one of the hardest problems is naming things. Fortunately, renaming is always possible.
How to reach me
Email: eli at decasia dot org.
Legacy version of me: decasia.org.